Monday, April 09, 2012

Letting Go of Expectations



The hardest part of Ho'oponopono for me is letting go of expectations.  I mean, we do this because we desire a certain result, and its hard to let go of that.  From what I can gather, we clean on the negatives in our life, or 'the barnacles' in our life as Dr. Hew Len says, and then as we get back to zero state, Divine power can guide us as we are free from old programming.

A couple of weeks ago I had a young woman in as a massage client  (I'm a registered massage therapist).  She presented with tension and migraine headaches.  Really bad ones.  So, since this was presented to me, I decided to clean on it as I worked on her.  I'm sorry, please forgive me for whatever old memories or programming I'm running that has created this condition in this woman. Thank you.  I love you.  I cleaned for half an hour.  At the end of the session I asked her how she was, and she said she felt a bit better, but really, not much had changed.

She came back two weeks later.  I asked her how she was.  She said the same.  Same tension, same headaches.  But this time she was more forthcoming.   She said that she was homesick for her family in England, and so had just quit her job as a server and decided to move back home.  Wow!   I had mentioned the possibility to her that part of her problem could be emotional, and she said that she knew that was true.  So, in essence, a lot had changed.  In two weeks she decided to up and change her life completely.  Was she considering that before?  I don't know.  Maybe.  Probably.  But she had now made the definitive decision to make the big  move.  I think my Ho'oponopono cleaning was part of that process.  I didn't know how she would get the help that she needed, but she was open enough to follow whatever inspiration guided her to do.  At the very least, not being a server anymore will help with her neck tension, and most likely her headaches as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment